Last night, Netflix’s live reunion special of their popular social experiment Love Is Blind broke the streaming service. So many people tuned in to hear from the happy couples and their lovelorn counterparts that viewers had to wait for Netflix to get the show back on the air. What most people couldn’t wait to see, of course, is whether anyone was headed for divorce yet and whether a union that started on blind love can truly last.
The Successful Marriages of a Social Experiment
There have been nine marriages from the Love Is Blind series and two divorces. That’s a pretty decent ratio after only four seasons and 20 couples. Here are the successful (so far) marriages that Love Is Blind has produced:
- Tiffany Pennywell and Brett Brown (Season 4): It seemed like nothing couple stop this perfect-for-each-other couple and they made it to the altar with barely a speed bump in May 2022.
- Bliss Poureetezadi and Zack Goytowski (Season 4): They got off to a rocky start, but this pair seemed destined for each other and a quirky future together after their May 2022 wedding.
- Chelsea Griffin and Kwame Appiah (Season 4): This unlikely duo overcame Kwame’s bond with dater Micah and said “yes” to Chelsea in May 2022.
- Alexa Alfia and Brennon Lemieux (Season 3): In a great example of opposites attract, this Texas couple found love in the pods and Brennon has converted his wife to country livin’. They married in June 2021 and are ready to start a family.
- Colleen Reed and Matt Bolton (Season 3): This pair remains a little controversial for being married yet maintaining separate residences.
- Amber Pike and Matt Barnett (Season 1): This couple celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary in November 2022 and have transformed into social media influencers.
- Lauren Speed and Cameron Hamilton (Season 1): This popular pair celebrated their four-year wedding anniversary in November 2022 and even wrote a book about taking the leap to find love.
Divorces after Love Is Blind:
- Jarrette Jones and Iyanna McNeely (Season 2): She’s a homebody, he likes to go out. While no one can know what causes a couple’s marriage to die, these preferences seemed to be at the crux of Iyanna and Jarrette’s differences.
- Danielle Ruhl and Nick Thompson (Season 2): They meshed and yet they didn’t and eventually their differences ended this couple’s brief marriage.
Babies After Love Is Blind
The Love Is Blind couples haven’t produced any babies yet, though if host Vanessa Lachey has anything to do with their procreation plans she will have them all baby bumping immediately. There was a surprise during the episode when Bartise Bowden, a contestant from season 3, appeared and introduced his new baby boy, the mother of whom was never on the reality show.
Bartise’s circumstances bring parenting time, child custody, and child support into the picture, especially since he and the child’s mother were never married. Establishing paternity is also a legal matter. In Michigan, when a child is born to an unmarried couple the father is given an Affidavit of Parentage to sign at the hospital, acknowledging that he is the father and giving the mother initial custody.
When You Are Ready for a Divorce
It doesn’t matter if you’re married for 20 years or two years. That legal document means you’re tied to each other and if the union ends, you need legal help to untie everything. Get the support you need from the Michigan divorce lawyers at Femminineo Attorneys. Schedule a complimentary consultation today.